Statement and Ethos
- Aspires to the very best, the most thought-provoking and
the most relevant both within the country and overseas.
- Provide advisory services in keeping with the enquiries
of visitors as to the relevence of art in its various manifestations.
- Provide authentication, restoration and valuation services.
- Invite artists of national and international repute to
exhibit their works.
- Network with Schools, Colleges and other institutions
with the aim of developing art appreciation.
- Liaise with the diplomatic community to encourage and
foster cultural exchanges.
- Help people discover art, through art appreciation courses
/ programmes, across boundaries of age, social background
and engage with the community at large.
- Provide awards, grants and scholarships to meritorious
art students and artists.
- Encourage and develop both traditional and contemporary
forms of artistic practice.
- Screen films on art, artists and artistic processes.
- Hold Memorial lectures in memory of senior artists.
- Hold special workshops for children interested in art.
- Operate a full time Resource Centre and library stocked
with books, magazines and audio-video material on related
- Hold book launches.